Monday 21 March 2011

What a weekend!

Well what a weekend it's been! After spending most of Friday night cleaning ready for the influx of people on Saturday. The weather was fantastic on Saturday, it was one of those perfect spring days where you don't have to wear a coat to keep away the cold, finally warmer days are here. My 30th party was a fantastic night, having fun with friends old and new was great. I probably did get a bit too tipsy, but hey you are only 30 once, right!

I was also very excited as I got to open my pressie from all my old school friends, for our thirtieths we had all decided to club together to buy something memorable. Mine had been sitting in it's large cardboard box in the dining room for over a week and even though I knew what it was I wasn't allowed to open it until they were all there. I think they found it a bit strange that I would ask for a chair for my birthday especially one with holes in it, all the other girls, so far, have had pretty bracelets as mementos. My thinking was that I would have this chair for the rest of my life so it would still make a great memory of turning 30, and it didn't dissapoint. The girls even commented on how comfortable it was. I'll post a image of it tomorrow.

Even though I have probably talked non stop about my birthday. I also just wanted to take a moment to think about the people of Japan, in particular those affected by the recent earthquake and following tsunami. It never fails to surprise me how much we are at the mercy of nature and that for all our technologically advancements an event like this is so devastating. More than 4,300 people have died in the disaster with many more injured and still missing and 440,000 people having had to leave their homes. The Red Cross has set up an appeal page and your donations will help the Japanese Red Cross response team who are working on the ground now providing first aid and emergency healthcare. It will also go towards helping the Japanese people recover in the coming months and years so please try and give generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...